News and Upcoming Events
Sporting events are not maintained on the district on-line calendar. The Pennsylvania Heartland Athletic Conference (PHAC) manages the scheduling of most events. Mifflinburg sports' schedules can be found at the following link: Mifflinburg Wildcat Athletic Schedule
FREE PHYSICALS FOR 2019-2020
District-offered physicals will be held on Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 for the sports programs listed below. The physicals for these sports will be held in the High School nurse’s office. Please enter through the high school front entrance. Please bring all signed paperwork in at this time. We request that you follow the time schedule listed below on June 12th, if at all possible.
6:00 p.m. – Cheerleaders (grades 8-12)
6:10 p.m. – Girls JH Softball (grades 7/8)
6:20 p.m. – Girls Soccer (grades 9-12)
6:40 p.m. – Field Hockey (grades 9-12)
6:50 p.m. – Girls JH/Varsity Cross Country (grades 7-12)
7:00 p.m. – Girls Varsity Tennis (grades 9-12)
The 2nd date for fall sports physicals will be on Tuesday, June 25th, 2019 for the sports programs listed below. The physicals for these sports will also be held in the High School nurse’s office. Please enter through the high school front entrance. Please bring all signed paperwork in at this time. We request that you follow the schedule listed below on June 25th, if at all possible.
6:00 p.m. – Boys Soccer (grades 9-12)
6:10 p.m. – Junior High Football (grades 7/8/9)
6:30 p.m. – Boys JH/Varsity Cross Country (grades 7-12)
6:40 p.m. – Varsity Golf (grades 9-12)
6:50 p.m. – Varsity Football (grades 10-12)To Participate in Mifflinburg Athletics for your first sport of each school year:
1. Register for Mifflinburg Athletics by visiting www.mifflinburg.org and linking to "Sports Registration" under the "Athletics" tab. At the registration site, (if this is the first time you registered) choose "Activity Registration" under the "Registration" menu. Answer all of the questions and choose "Pay Later". You will then be asked to set-up your Family Account. Please write down your username and password for future reference. If you have registered before, log-in to your Family Account and complete/edit the registration - choosing "Pay Later" at the end.
2. Complete and submit the PIAA CIPPE form (tan/gold/yellow packet). Sections 1 through 5 must be completed and signed by the parent and athlete, while Section 6 must be completed by a physician.
3. Complete the required HIPAA form and Medical History form for our Geisinger trainer.
4. Pay the $30 activity fee. Check payable to "Mifflinburg Athletics".
When the student/athlete then enrolls for any subsequent sports in the same school year, he/she must:
1. Register by visiting www.mifflinburg.org and linking to "Sports Registration" under the "Athletics" tab. Log-in to your Family Account.
2. Complete and submit Sections 7 and 8 of the PIAA CIPPE form (blue).
A NOTE CONCERNING PHYSICALS
All athletes must have a completed physical in order to participate in the practices and events of any sports' season. The Mifflinburg Area School District offers dates for physicals. If you do not attend one of the district-offered physical dates, you will need to have your family physician perform the physical and sign your physical forms.
Parents, please understand that your child will not be able to participate until all of the athletic forms are completed and the activity fee is paid. If paid by check, please make it payable to “Mifflinburg Athletics” and submit it to the high school office. The activity fee is a one-time fee for the school year.